South Beach Diet – In our daily life, we eat different kinds of food which contain proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and more. In this food, we unknowingly take carbohydrates and fats which are good for our health or not. It is very essential to demonstrate between good and bad carbs. It may cause you many problems like weight gain. Big tummy has become the big problem of today and many people have to face big problems in daily routine life because of this. It also made you feel embarrassed sometimes. The extra fats in the body made people look ugly and they avoid going outside and suffer from depression and other problems. Different kinds of weight loss diet are available in the market which helps you to lose weight but it also affects your body. For the solution of this problem, the cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agatston created a diet which helps to lose weight. South Beach Diet helps to lose weight in this way. It consists of low-carbs and high protein diet which is very effective for losing weight.
The South Beach Diet is a fad diet which contains fewer carbohydrates. It helps to reduce fats from the body and provide you with a slim and slender figure. The South Beach Diet helps you to eat balanced food. It helps you to choose better food for healthy living. The South Beach Diet contains food which provides energy to your body. It consists of the diet such as lean meat, vegetables, unsaturated fats, and low-glycemic-index carbohydrates. The South Beach Diet contain proteins and the proteins help to increase the metabolic rate in the body. It also controls your hunger and in a natural way, your habit of eating every time become vanish.
The South Beach Diet has many features which are as follow:
- It helps to lose weight easily and control your appetite.
- It helps to reduce the insulin level in the body.
- It prevents your body from heart problems.
- It helps to boost the hormone levels which develop fullness.
- It reduces the extra fat from the body and provides you slim and attractive body.
Functioning of South Beach Diet
The South Beach Diet performs its function in three phases. The first 2 phases help to lose weight and the third one helps to maintain the body.
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
Phase 1 consists of 14 days. It is considered to be a strict phase because, in the starting, it is very difficult to change the eating habit. Phase 1 consists of fruit, grains and other foods which contain high carbohydrates. This diet is helpful in order to reduce the insulin level and blood sugar level. It also helps to maintain hunger and control appetite. In this phase, most people figure to lose weight roundabout 8–13 pounds.
You have to take three meals per day during Phase 1. The meal contains lean protein, non-starchy vegetables, small amounts of healthy fat and legumes. Moreover, if you feel tired of this kind of meal then you can take two essential snacks per day. It may be a combination of lean protein and vegetables.
Food to Eat
There is a guideline for you which helps you to consume food in phase 1. The guideline is as follow:
It includes following eatable things:
- Lean beef, pork, lamb, veal and game.
- Skinless chicken and turkey breast.
- Fish and shellfish.
- Turkey bacon and pepperoni.
- Eggs and egg whites.
- Soy-based meat substitutes.
- Low-fat hard cheese, ricotta cheese, and cottage cheese.
- Buttermilk, low-fat milk, plain or Greek yogurt, and soy milk, limited to 2 cups daily.
It includes all vegetables except beets, carrots, corn, turnips, yams, peas, white potatoes and most types of winter squash.
You can take cooked 1/3 to 1/2 cup per day. It contains the following:
- Black beans, pinto beans, navy beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and other varieties of bean.
- Black-eyed and Split Peas.
- Edamame and soybeans.
- You can take a limited quantity of Hummus i.e. 1/4 cup.
Nuts and Seeds
- You can take a limited quantity of nuts and seeds like 1 oz. (28 grams) per day.
- You can take nuts such as Almonds, cashews, pecans, pistachios, walnuts and more.
- Nut butter can be taken of quantity approximately to 2 tablespoons.
- Flaxseeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other seeds.
Oils and Fats
- You can take Oils and fats limited to 2 tablespoons of oil per day.
- Monounsaturated oils, like olive oil, canola, macadamia and avocado oils.
- Vegetable and seed oils, like corn, flaxseed, peanut, safflower, and soybean oil.
Alternative Fat Choices
- Each portion is equal to 2 tablespoons of healthy oils.
- Avocado limited to 2/3 of one fruit.
- Trans-fat-free margarine limited to 2 tbsp.
- Low-fat mayonnaise limited to 2 tbsp.
- Regular mayonnaise limited to 1 tbsp.
- Salad dressing with less than 3g sugar, equal to 2 tbsp.
- Olives, limited to 20–30, depending on size.
- It is recommended to take 100 calories or fewer per day.
- Sugar-free or unsweetened cocoa or chocolate syrup.
- Sugar-free gelatin, jams, and jellies.
- Sugar-free candies, popsicles or gum.
- Sugar substitutes, including Stevia, and sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol.
You can add the following condiments:
- Herbs, spices, horseradish, mustard, lemon juice or salsa.
- All kinds of vinegar, with balsamic, limited to 1 tbsp.
- Light coconut milk, limited 1/4 cup (59 ml).
- Soy sauce, steak sauce, limited to 1 or 1/2 tsp.
- Cream, whole milk or half and the half, limited to 1 tbsp.
- Light sour cream or cream cheese, limited to 2 tablespoons.
- Light whipped topping, limited to 2 tbsp.
You can take the following beverages:
- Coffee, regular or decaffeinated.
- Tea, regular, decaffeinated or herbal.
- Sugar-free sodas.
- Sugar-free drink mixes.
- Tomato juice or vegetable juice.
Food to Avoid
In Phase 2, you are not allowed to consume food which contains high-carbs. The list of food you need to avoid is as follow:
- Fatty meat and poultry.
- Butter and coconut oil.
- Whole milk.
- Foods made with refined sugar.
- Honey, maple syrup and agave nectar.
- All fruits and fruit juice.
- Beets, carrots,yams, peas, white potatoes, and winter squash.
Phase 2 starts from 15th day and maintained for several weeks until you achieve your goal of losing weight. In Phase 2, people expect to lose 1–2 pounds (0.5–1 kg) per week.
Phase 2 contains all food of Phase 1 and also consists of limited portions of fruit and whole grains and certain types of alcohol.
Food to Eat
It includes all food of Phase 1. Some foods are also included which contain high carbohydrates. In the first starting week, you can take one daily portion of fruit and whole grains or starchy vegetables. After the 14th day of Phase 2, you can take up to three servings of fruit and four servings of whole grains and starchy vegetables per day.
Phase 3 begins when you complete the task of achieving your target weight. It helps you to maintain your targeted weight. In phase 3, the guidelines of Phase 1 and Phase 2 should be the basis for your lifestyle. Due to any reason, if you again start to gain weight, then return to Phase 1 and follow guidelines of Phase 1.
Food to Eat
It includes the following diet:
Take 1 to 3 servings per day. You can take fresh and frozen fruits except for dates, figs, pineapple, raisins, and watermelon. You can also consume one small piece of fruit, half a grapefruit or 3/4 cup (about 115 grams) berries, cherries or grapes.
Whole Grains and Starchy Vegetables
You can take 1 to 4 servings per day. You can also take 1/2 cup cooked starchy vegetables, 1 slice bread or 1/2 cup cooked grains. Except this you can also take the following:
- Sweet potatoes and yams
- Winter squash, limited to 3/4 cup
- Whole-grain hot cereal
- Whole-grain cold cereal, limited to 1 cup
- Whole-grain bread
- Brown or wild rice
- Whole-grain pasta, quinoa, couscous or farro
- Taro limited to 1/3 cup
- Popcorn limited to 3 cups
- Whole-grain bagel limited to 1/2 small
- Pita bread, limited to 1/2 pita
- Corn or whole-grain tortilla limited to 1 small
- You are allowed to take one daily serving of dry wine or an occasional light beer.
- Light beer, limited to 12 oz. (355 ml).
- Wine, dry white, limited to 4 oz.
Phase 3 Food to Avoid
There is a list of food you need to avoid in Phase 2 and phase 3 which is as follow:
- Fatty meat and poultry
- Butter and coconut oil
- Whole milk
- Foods made with refined flour or sugar
- Honey, maple syrup, agave nectar
- Fruit juice
- Beets, corn and white potatoes
- Dates, figs, pineapple, raisins, and watermelon
- Alcohol other than light beer and dry wine
Many people have accepted the South Beach Diet plan and they became successful in losing their weight. The reviews of the South Diet Plan show that it is a very successful and precious asset. With the help of this diet, many people had become able to lose their weight.
Where to buy the South Beach Diet?
The South Beach Diet is very easy to buy. You can buy South Beach Diet from the official website of the manufacturer or other sites such as Amazon, and more. The official website of the South Beach Diet sometimes also offer money-saving tips. You will be able to gain full advantage from this diet.
South Beach Diet is the best way to lose weight in properly. It helps to control your appetite and the maintenance of this diet in your daily life make you look slim and slender. It is recommended by many people. You must try this diet.